Shanghai Municipal Population and Family Planning Commission
1. To implement the guidelines and policies and enforce laws, rules and regulations related to population and family planning; to study and draw up the drafts of local laws and regulations on population and family planning and formulate relevant policies in the light of the actual circumstances in this Municipality, and organize the implementation of relevant rules, regulations and policies.
2. To carry out the prediction work of population according to this Municipality’s overall planning for national economy and the medium- and long- term social development of population; to formulate this Municipality’s annual plans and development plans of population and family planning, and organize the implementation of such plans; to formulate the relevant social and economic policies concerning the work of population and family planning jointly with relevant departments; to carry out the statistic works concerning population and family planning jointly with relevant departments.
3．To be responsible for drawing up the scientific research planning for population and family planning, enhance the comprehensive and perspective study on the issues of population and family planning, and put forward suggestions.
4. To conduct comprehensive management of the technical service work concerning family planning; to formulate the procreation health-care service planning jointly with relevant departments and direct its implementation; to participate in the work of improving the quality of child-birth; to be responsible for the management of the supply of prophylactic and contraceptive instruments.
5. To be responsible for formulating the publicity and education planning of population and family planning and directing its implementation; to coordinate and push forward the comprehensive management made by relevant departments on population and family planning; to be responsible for the organization, coordination and direction of family planning affairs of the floating population.
6. To compile and report the budgets and final accounts of special items including the population and family planning charges and basic construction charges, and the plan of the demand for prophylactic and contraceptive instruments used for family planning.
7. To be responsible for the direction of the building up of ranks of cadres in the sector of population and family planning, formulate the training scheme for the cadres and members in the sector of population and family planning, and direct the implementation.
8. To be responsible for acceptance and handling of administrative reconsideration applications and response to administrative actions.
9. To be responsible for the external cooperation and exchange concerning population and family planning with other countries and Hongkong region, Macao region, and Taiwan region; to administrate the aid-project through international cooperation in the field of population and family planning.
10. To undertake other matters assigned by the Municipal Government.
Address: 100 Dagu Rd.