Residence Permit (for one year)

Ⅰ. Qualifications:

A foreigner can apply for the residence permit for one year under any of the following circumstances:

1. Holding office or being employed in Shanghai;

2. Resident Correspondent in Shanghai;

3. Engaged in commercialized theatrical performance in Shanghai.

The accompanying spouse, children under the age of 18 and parents of such personnel can apply at the same time for the Foreigner’s Residence Permit for the same period as such personnel.

Ⅱ. Formalities:

1. Submitting the Foreigner Visa and Residence Permit Application Form completely filled up and one recent 2-inch half-length, bareheaded and full-faced photograph;

2. The original of the certificate of check-in in Shanghai (issued by the hotel or the police substation of the area where the lodging takes place);

3. Handing over the originals of the valid passport and visa for examination;

4. Submitting the original of the Health Certificate issued by Shanghai health quarantine department (15, Jinbang Road, Changning District);

5. Submitting the official letter of application of the unit;

6. Submitting the original and the copy of the Certificate of Approval of Enterprise, the Duplicate of Business License or the Representative Agency Registration Certificate and the organization code;

7. Persons from the general manager down (or F-type persons holding the Shanghai Residence Card B) should submit the originals of the Employment Credential and the Employment Registration Form; the vice president should submit the original of the Identity Confirmation Certificate issued by Shanghai Foreign Economic Relations and Trade Commission; the foreign expert should submit the original of the Expert Certificate; the resident correspondent should submit the original of the Press Card; the person engaged in commercialized theatrical performance needs to submit the originals of the official document approving the performance by the Ministry of Culture or Shanghai Cultural Bureau and the Performance Credential issued by Shanghai Cultural Bureau; the person engaged in offshore petroleum operations should submit the Work Permit for Foreign Personnel Engaged in the Offshore Petroleum Operations.

The accompanying family members of such kinds of personnel should provide the copy of the Family Relation Certificate and corresponding documents, besides their own valid passports and visas.

An applicant under the age of 18 or above the age of 70 or an applicant, who extends the Residence Permit within 3 months as of its expiration, can be exempted from submitting the Health Certificate.

The applicant under the age 18 or above the age of 70 should go through the formalities in person for the first application.

Ⅲ. Business Hours and Place:

Monday-Saturday 9:00-17:00

Note: Credentials are handled alone on Saturday.

1500, Minsheng Road, Pudong New Area

IV. Time Limit of Handling and Winding Up a Case: Within 5 working days, if application documents are complete

V. Fee Standard: For details, see the Visa Fee Standard of Reciprocal Countries and Non-Reciprocal Countries, the State Development and Planning Commission and the Ministry of Finance [J. J. G. (2003) No.392]

VI. Information Telephone: 28951900

VII. Supervision Telephone: 68547109