How do children whose parents work in Shanghai and who have a Residence Permit transfer to local primary schools?

If students in their compulsory education period wish to transfer to other schools because of the relocation of their Hukou (Permanent Residence Permit), their application should be submitted by their parents or legal guardian to the original school, which will issue a "Transfer Contact Paper". Parents can contact the district/county level administrative department of education, contact schools near their Hukou (Permanent Residence Permit) registration location for transfer to other primary schools, and make arrangements for a school transfer with approval. The transfer should be arranged one week before the semester and no later than one week after the beginning of a new semester.