Home >> FAQ >> Travle >> Travle
If a citizen holds a Shanghai residence permit and works in Shanghai on a long-term basis, but his/her registered permanent residence is not in Shanghai and his/her passport is not issued in Shanghai, can he/she apply for an outbound tour?

He/she cannot apply for a visa and passport in Shanghai; he/she must apply for these in Beijing. Once he/she has obtained the visa, he/she can join tour groups organized by travel agencies in Shanghai and leave the country from Shanghai.