What is the procedure for overseas Chinese to apply for returning to Shanghai for settlement?

    A: Overseas Chinese applicants who apply for returning to Shanghai for settlement should be overseas Chinese who originally left China from this Municipality for settlement abroad. If the applicant is in this Municipality, the application may be submitted to the entry and exit administrative division of the Municipal Public Security Bureau by the applicant him/herself or by their relatives in China. Applicants who are overseas may apply to Chinese embassies or consulates overseas or other organs overseas authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.