Q: My current employer has completed the procedures of employment and residence for foreigners, and promised me certain payment and welfare. However, the factual payment or welfare is not as much as the commitment says. In this case, what shall I do to strive for my legitimate rights?

    A: When employment occurs between you and a certain employer, it is recommended that both parties validate each other‘s rights and responsibilities in written form. In case of legitimate rights infringed, you may apply for an arbitration of labour disputes at labour arbitration committee, provided that you hold a valid Employment Permit registered under that employer’s name. Other wise, labour arbitration committee is not able to accept your application for arbitration even your legitimate rights is infringed. That is to say, your legitimate rights will not be protected.