A foreigner can apply for the Foreigner’s Residence Permit for foreign family members under any of the following circumstances:
1. Foreign family members of a foreigner holding a post or being employed in Shanghai;
2. Foreign family members of a foreign resident correspondent in Shanghai;
3. Foreign family members of a foreigner who is engaged in the commercialized theatrical performance in Shanghai;
4. Foreign family members of a returned overseas student who has obtained the registered permanent residence and is working in Shanghai;
5. Foreign family members of a Hong Kong resident, a Macao resident or an overseas Chinese working in Shanghai;
Note: Foreign family members include the entourage’s spouse, parents and children under the age of 18.
1. Handing over the originals of the valid passport and visa for examination;
2. Submitting the original of the certificate of check-in in Shanghai (issued by the hotel or the police substation of the area where the lodging takes place);
3. Submitting the Visa and Residence Permit Application Form completely filled up and one recent 2-inch half-length, bareheaded and full-faced photograph;
4. Submitting the original of the Health Certificate issued by Shanghai health quarantine department (15, Jinbang Road, Changning District; note: An applicant under the age of 18 or above the age of 70 or an applicant, who extends the Residence Permit within 3 months as of its expiration, can be exempted from submitting the Health Certificate.);
5. Submitting the copy of the Family Relation Certificate;
6. Submitting the letter of application of the unit of the foreigner working in Shanghai，the original and the copy of the Certificate of Approval of Enterprise, the Duplicate of Business License or the Representative Agency Registration Certificate and the organization code;
7. Submitting the originals and the copies of the Passport and the Residence Permit for the foreigner working in Shanghai; the original and the copy of the Temporary Residence Card of Hong Kong and Macao Residents and Overseas Chinese or the Shanghai Residence Card for the Hong Kong resident, the Macao resident or the overseas Chinese;
8. Submitting the original of the certificate of Shanghai Personnel Bureau too for the foreign family members of a returned overseas student.
The applicant under the age of 18 or above the age of 70 should go through the formalities in person for the first application，others can do it on behalf of the applicant for the second one.
III. Business Hours and Place:
Note: Credentials are handled alone on Saturday.
1500, Minsheng Road, Pudong New Area
IV. Time Limit of Handling and Winding Up a Case: Within 5 working days, if application documents are complete
V. Fee Standard: For details, see the Visa Fee Standard of Reciprocal Countries and Non-Reciprocal Countries, the State Development and Planning Commission and the Ministry of Finance [J. J. G. (2003) No.392]
VI. Information Telephone: 28951900
VII. Supervision Telephone: 68547109