Foreign student studying in Shanghai
1. Submitting the Foreigner Visa and Residence Permit Application Form completely filled up and one recent 2-inch half-length, bareheaded and full-faced photograph;
2. The original of the certificate of check-in in Shanghai (issued by the police substation of the area where the lodging takes place, if lodging outside the campus);
3. Handing over the originals of the valid passport and visa for examination;
4. Submitting the original of the Health Certificate issued by Shanghai health quarantine department (15, Jinbang Road, Changning District);
5. Foreign student in China should provide the originals of the letter of application of the school where the student is studying, Form JW201 or JW 202 and the Matriculation Notice;
The foreign student studying in Shanghai can apply for the residence permit for the same period as the student’s period of learning, but no more than 5 years.
An applicant under the age of 18 or above the age of 70 or an applicant, who extends the Residence Permit within 3 months as of its expiration, can be exempted from submitting the Health Certificate.
The applicant should go through the formalities in person for the first application; the school where the applicant is studying or a family member of the applicant can do it on behalf of the applicant for the second one.
III. Business Hours and Place:
Note: Credentials are handled alone on Saturday.
1500, Minsheng Road, Pudong New Area
IV. Time Limit of Handling and Winding Up a Case: Within 5 working days, if application documents are complete
V. Fee Standard: For details, see the Visa Fee Standard of Reciprocal Countries and Non-Reciprocal Countries, the State Development and Planning Commission and the Ministry of Finance [J. J. G. (2003) No.392]
VI. Information Telephone: 28951900
VII. Supervision Telephone: 68547109