I. Requirements for application
Aliens conforming with one of the following requirements may apply for the permanent residence certificate for aliens for investors:
(1) An Investor who invests in China with an actual sum of registered capital paid amounting to 2 million US dollars or above (not less than that amount be sustained for 3 consecutive years);
(2) An Investor who invests in China’s central areas with an actual sum of registered capital paid amounting to 1 million US dollars or above (not less than that amount to be sustained for 3 consecutive years);
(3) An Investor who invests in China’s western areas and key poor counties supported by the state in development with an actual sum of registered capital amounting to USD500,000 or above (not less than that amount to be sustained for 3 consecutive years); and,
(4) An Investor who invests in enterprises encouraged by the state under the promulgated“Guiding Projects of Enterprises Invested with Foreign Capitals”.
The accompanying spouse and children under 18 years of age and unmarried may, at the same time, apply for the same permanent residence certificate for aliens.
II. Formalities for application:
1. Submit the“Application Form for Permanent Residence Certificate in China for Aliens (including the spouse and children of the investor)”and submit the applicant’s 4 2in recently taken bareheaded, front-faced with background colored photos;
2. Submit for examination the applicant’s valid passport or any certificate qualified to substitute the passport and a duplicate;
3. Submit the valid visa or foreigner residence permit;
4. Submit the health certificate for exit-entry issued within 6 months by the Chinese quarantine department (those under 18 years of age are exempted). The“Health Certificate”issued by a medical organization abroad within 6 months should be authenticated by the Chinese embassy or consulate stationed in that country;
5. Submit the certificate of no-criminal record abroad authenticated by the Chinese embassy or consulate stationed in that country;
6. Submit the approval for foreign-investment enterprises, the original and duplicate of business license issued by the industrial and commercial department, certificate for joint annual inspection and report of capital verification;
Investors who invest in enterprises of encouraged categories should also submit the“Confirmation for Projects to be Invested by Foreign Capitals”as encouraged by the state for the recent 3 years’development;
7. Submit the certificate for the recent 3 years’enterprises tax payment.The accompanying family members of the above applicants, apart from submitting their own valid passports and visas, should also submit the relevant certification (Issued abroad should be authenticated by the Chinese embassy or consulate stationed in that country). For example, when the applicant is a spouse, he/she should submit the marriage certificate,health certificate and no criminal record certificate ; children under 18 years of age and unmarried should submit their birth certificates or certificates for the parent-child relationship with the applicant; adopted children should also submit the certification for adoption.
III. Time and place for handling the formalities:
Add: 1500, Minsheng Rd, Pudong New Area
IV. Time-limit for settlement: With all necessary documents for application completed to be settled within 6 months.
V. Standard for charges:
1. Fee for handling: RMB1,500 yuan
2. Fee for the“Permanent Residence Certificate for Aliens”: RMB300 yuan
VI. Tel. for consultation: 28951900
VII. Tel. for supervision: 68547109